The Red Hen Systems DX-GPS is an integrated solution for tagging Nikon digital still images with GPS data. Using a consumer, off-the-shelf GPS, Garmin Geko 301 unit and the industry leading Nikon D2Xs, D2X & D200 camera, the DX-GPS allows users to directly capture geospatially referenced images in the easiest, most reliable collection method today.
Information captured in the EXIF metadata of the JPEG image file can be read by Red Hen Systems’ MediaMapper and PixPoint for ArcGIS to create map features linked directly to the photo file.
Features & Benefits
- GPS mounts on top of the camera putting it in full view of satellites for maximum accuracy.
- Records Latitude, Longitude and Altitude data to EXIF header of each JPG image.
- Physical integration provides for hands-free use.
- Instantly inspect and view GPS data on the camera LCD.
- User interface on GPS allows for setting adjustments, verifying satellite acquisition and accuracy.
- Industry standard GPS-data tagging offers compatibility with most GIS systems.
Requires a Nikon D2Xs, D2X, D2H or D200 camera.